CAD / GIS Design Engineer
- Fluent in English and German languages, written and spoken is a must
OVERALL PURPOSE OF ROLE
The CAD Design Engineer will support the Installation Project Engineer team with the design and preparation of drawings, maps and sketches. Onshore cable or pipeline design experience required.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and detailed examination of documentation received from Customer or competent authorities;
- Preparing drawings of the installation route (including cable routes, cable layout, route and cable lengths, all instances in which the cables cross or run parallel with services, joint positions, etc.);
- Preparation of drawings and sketches to be included or annexed to the technical documentation prepared by the project engineers.
- Participation, when required, to meetings with the Customer and Subcontractor.
- Participation, when requested, to site visits
- Ensure drawings comply with local constraints and with installation design defined by project engineer team.
- Execute simple calculation by means of available software and/or Excel macro.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- High school with Technical background
- 2/3 years of experience in similar role
- Fluent in English and German, written and spoken
- Knowledge of installation engineering tasks typical of land HV systems
- Knowledge of most used 2D and 3D CAD systems