The Cloud Engineer will contribute to the design and delivery of cloud services delivered. The primary objective is to drive cloud Infrastructure enhancements, develop the toolchain and automation patterns required to empower transformation. The role will provide the opportunity to be part of our client's digital transformation and migration of applications to Cloud, ensuring the platform achieves the target standards of efficiency, resilience and availability required by the organisation.
You will have experience in the delivery of infrastructure solutions and awareness SDLC software delivery techniques and principles that will drive a shift to Cloud Native Architecture and design.
This is a key role providing the right candidate the opportunity to contribute to technical strategy and direction for the firm and the approach to delivering a multi-cloud architecture.
As a team player, you will work closely with a team of strategists, architects, subject matter experts, to craft technical solutions that accelerate our business.
Role / Principal Accountabilities:
- Work with business stakeholders throughout the whole cloud lifecycle, providing comprehensive support to transform and modernise their application portfolios
- Act as a trusted advisor and bridge between the cloud team and stakeholders, and so must be able to provide regular progress updates and flag any issues accordingly.
- Support stakeholders to adopt and leverage the latest Cloud Native Application Architecture patterns, delivering scalable, resilient, and performant solutions.
- Ensure all architecture and Cloud infrastructure accommodates the latest security and software lifecycle patterns.
- Provide leadership, coaching and development for the immediate team and act as an evangelist within the organisation for engineering practices.
- Partner with Product owners and management to manage and clearly article demand planning and delivery against the projected backlog and book of work.
- Identify and progress opportunities to drive continuous improvement across engineering, delivery, and operational practices
Skills & Experience Required:
- End to end understanding of cloud systems architecture and design
- Demonstrates a strong understanding end to end product lifecycle, as well as how technical systems work and interact
- Strong analytical skills and a solid understanding of operational support procedures
- Cloud Certification in Microsoft Azure
- End to end experience of the software development life cycle and agile methodologies
- Experience and knowledge of Infrastructure-as-Code i.e., Terraform
- Comfortable writing software in at least one general-purpose programming language (Python, Go, Java)
- Experience common CI/CD techniques and tools such as GitHub, Gitlab or Azure DevOps
- Understanding of Configuration Management Solutions (Ansible, Chef or Puppet)
- Exposure to container technology i.e., Docker, Kubernetes desirable but not essential
- Awareness of security assurance and design best practices i.e., NIST or CIS.
- Knowledge of cloud architecture principles and Cloud Native Application design
- Knowledge of operating system fundamentals including diagnostics, tuning, and monitoring of IO, Networks, CPU and Memory
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.