Commissioning Manager (Rail/HVAC)
Role and Responsibilities
* Day to day co-ordination and management of direct and sub-contracted staff.
* Management and allocation of resources including plant, equipment, vehicles and materials
* Stakeholder management throughout the project lifecycle
* Manage all testing requirements and witness / handover documentation (SAT, iSAT, FAT, Commissioning Packs, ect)
* Managing documentation flow from commissioning engineers to senior management (internally) in line with the project requirements.
* Putting your workers to work safely (tool box talks, permit to work, DAB's, NAB's, RAMS, short form method statements, health and safety plans ect)
* Undertake safety and quality inspections and audits in line with project and contractual requirements.
* Client communication and relationship building.
* Assisting the commercial and planning teams on EWN, CE and NCE's.
* Completing site inspections in line with the project deliverables and scope of works and collating / maintaining site records.
* Driving outputs and motivating teams.
* Ensuring a high standard of work.
* Mentoring and coaching of staff.
* Produce programmes and schedules of work (work with the project planners).
* Provide technical support or manage that of.
* Assisting with the documentation for the Operation and maintenance manuals.
The candidate will ideally have some, but not necessarily all, of the following:
* Practical experience within the construction industry around HVAC.
* Good knowledge and understanding of BSRIA and CIBSE codes of practice.
* Management experience around commissioning of large projects (Quality is very key to this role with minimum of 10 years experience with at least one major project ).
* Previous experience in RAIL project deliveries (preferred)
* Good knowledge and understanding of Testing procedures, documentation and delivery (candidate will need to show evidence)
* Clear understanding and implementation of permit to work and isolation of electricity (candidate will need to show evidence).
* Appropriate CSCS/CPCS competency qualifications.
* A formal qualification in electrical / engineering (preferred).
* Full current driving license.
* Experience of leading teams and or coordinating the work of others.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Results Driven.
* Excellent organisational, communication and planning skills.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff or applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.