PURPOSE OF THE FUNCTION
- Grinding weld seams based on specifications and customer needs on the instructions of the Hall Coordinator
PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
Visual / Grinding
DESCRIPTION OF KEY TASKS
- Main tasks to be performed:
- Grinding weld seams under the supervision of the Hall Coordinator
- Performing grinding tasks in general
- Side tasks to be performed:
- Performing additional tasks around the workplace in conformance with SHE instructions.
Communication and leadership:
- Hall Coordinator;
- employees of the internal organisation;
- Grinding machines
- overhead cranes.
POWERS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is authorised to:
- define the correct working method;
- take initiatives within the frame of reference defined by the Hall Coordinator;
- deviate from the production sequence list with the permission of the Hall Coordinator and/or Production Manager.
- oral communication.
- LBO level of working and thinking, acquired by completing a technical education;
- in possession of a valid VCA diploma;
- knowledge of and experience in welding techniques;
- knowledge of and experience with relevant means of transport (overhead crane, trolleys etc.);
- knowledge of and experience in metalworking.
SAFETY, HEALTH AND THE ENVIRONMENT:
- working based on the valid SHE regulations in the Policy;
- signalling and communicating potentially unsafe situations and (near) accidents;
- displaying environmental awareness by means of energy-conscious working, waste segregation and developing initiatives for environmentally responsible production.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.