Founded in the UK in October 2008 ersg is a leading recruitment consultancy operating in the worldwide energy sector. ERSG has experienced incredible growth since its inception; growing from £0 to £110m for this accounting year. We have offices in the USA, Germany, The Netherlands, Ireland, Taiwan and Japan.
ersg provide ongoing workforce deployment including large scale rapid workforce deployment to clients with major projects and have further new contracts in the coming months in the UK, Europe, the US and other international jurisdictions. Each project is different and requires co-ordination between various stakeholders, including the sales teams, support teams and 3rd parties.
This role will be responsible for delivering the support needed by the business both on a day to day basis as well as coordinating the preparation for each new major deployment to ensure that the financial and operational systems and controls are established and documented in a way that the project will run efficiently, cost effectively, with risks mitigated through appropriate controls and that each project has an appropriate financial plan and governing financial and operating procedures.
As Head of Finance Operations you will:
- Engage multiple stakeholders, meeting their expectations, and influencing key decision makers in a positive manner.
- Engineer and re-engineer processes and designing outputs to provide effective end to end project control.
- Make commercial and customer-focused decisions, ensuring that services are delivered cost effectively whilst still managing risk.
- Use outstanding organizational, time management and planning skills in order to cope with multiple deliverables.
- Lead the delivery of ongoing support across financial and compliance processes by the Support Team.
- Ideally experienced in working within international contract recruitment businesses.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with changing and competing priorities whilst defining effective solutions to sometimes poorly defined problems.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of seniority both internal and external.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with proven experience working effectively across teams and problem-solving.
- Ambition to provide the highest standards of delivery and embedding them within the teams.
- Leadership and management capabilities engaging with team, colleagues and business partners to deliver at pace.
- A professional finance qualification (CIMA/ACA/ACCA) an advantage more importantly an excellent track record of delivering operational solutions to tight deadlines and at the highest quality.
In a nutshell, the postholder will relish the challenges of defining and managing end to end excellent financial and operational processes and problem-solving using root cause analysis and risk management. The deployment of which deliver successful outcomes both internally and externally.
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays) - back office also closes over the Christmas period
- Annual Bonus
- Company pension contribution
- Incentive trips abroad
- Christmas party
- Dress down Fridays
- Annual awards ceremony
- Team nights out
- Maternity/paternity pay
- Easily commutable location