* Identify key external partners in Japan, and develop and implement engagement strategies to build strong relationships. Align with engagement approach and values. Co-ordinate data centre and office tours and meetings to showcase the company.
* Working with the marketing & communications team, elevate our business profile in Japan and actively represent us in the market.
* Proactively establish and maintain productive partnerships within the company across a diverse set of functions including site selection, finance, solutions architecture, customer success and marketing. Be a Japan subject matter expert to advise and adapt global strategies.
* Be the customer champion for our business in Japan. For Japanese technology companies and system integrators - build deep relationships, anticipate and address needs, develop and manage the opportunity pipeline (integrating into the global opportunity pipeline), and, facilitate proposals and RFPs.
* Support the site selection team by sharing customer insights, demand and requirements.
* Conduct market research and stay up to date on customer, competitor and other insights to advise strategies.
* Ensure alignment of internal guidelines and compliance.
* Extensive experience working with and/or successfully developed partnerships with local key stakeholders in Japan *
7+ years' experience in senior relationship management within the data centre or commercial real estate industry in Japan
* Fluent in both English (min B2 level) and Japanese (N1 level)
* Proactive self-starter with entrepreneur attitude who can work autonomously in a dynamic environment
* Can build strong relationships at all levels across the internal organisation * Excellent communication skills to build customer-centric and solution-based proposals
* Ability to work with an entrepreneurial spirit in a fast-paced environment
* Excel at distilling complex information into clear, concise, and easy to understand messaging and action plans
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, and ideally Salesforce
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.