Highway Electrical Technician
Hybrid working - Home, Site & Office
Purpose of the job
Responsible for the Health and Safety, electrical compliance, effective project supervision of maintenance activities, capital works programmes and new projects. To promote, plan, organise and supervise the delivery of Highway Electrical Asset Team (HEAT) operations within associated budgets to achieve service delivery targets and statutory requirements.
Role specific outcomes/accountabilities
· To ensure the HEAT work is delivered in accordance with current Health and Safety legislation, achieve compliance with CDM regulations and maintain safe systems of working.
· To ensure the maintenance contractor or sub-contractors delivers the work in accordance with Contract Conditions, Specification, Schedule of Rates, layout drawings and schematics.
· Supervise the implementation and recording of the HEAT delivery of reactive and planned maintenance activities, including emergency response to ensure compliance with BCC contract specification.
· Assist with the development and delivery new technology including smart cities, EV charging new industry innovations and BCC citywide HEAT to ensure compliance with policies and legislation.
· Ensure the accurate updating of the authority's Asset Management System/Central Monitoring System.
· To ensure that programmes of work and projects are delivered efficiently and within allocated budgets.
· Report regarding the delivery of HEAT programs and services to assist with the monitoring of contractor performance in accordance with the contract specification.
· Record and oversee the rectification of reported outages to ensure remedial action or rectification is carried out by the contractor in accordance with the contract specification.
Role specific outcomes/accountabilities
· Responsible for the accurate inputting of data into the Authority's Asset Management System for the adoption of new schemes including Section 38, Section 106, Section 278, and any other authority owned electrically powered assets or Highway Authority cable network.
· To maintain compliance with the HERs training matrix in accordance with National Highway Sector Scheme 8 to ensure electrical competence.
· To communicate and offer advice to MP's, Elected Members, senior management and external stakeholders.
· You will be required on occasions to work outside of normal working hours, to include evenings, nights and weekends to meet the service requirement.
· Please note a full driving license is required for this role.
· Ideally HERS qualified and must be electrically qualified.
This job description sets out the key outcomes required. It does not specify in detail the activities required to achieve these outcomes.
A. So far as is reasonably practicable, the post holder must ensure that safe working practices are adopted by employees and in premises/work areas for which the post holder is responsible to maintain a safe working environment for employees and service users. These are defined in the Corporate Health, Safety and Welfare Policy, departmental policies and codes of practice.
B. Work in compliance with the Codes of Conduct, Regulations and policies of the City Council.
C. To model and promote good equalities practice and value diversity across the service.
D. Ensure that output and quality of work is of a high standard and complies with current legislation / standards.
E. Ensure that all mandatory training is undertaken as required. For example - Bristol City Council's Induction, Health and Safety, Equalities, Safeguarding Children and Safeguarding Adults. Please note - this is not a comprehensive list.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.