IT Change Manager
The purpose of this role is to develop and implement change management plans that maximise the adoption and usage of the digital and Cyber Resilience solutions implemented within our Transmission business. You'll focus on the people side of change, which involves preparing, supporting, and equipping people to adopt and use changes to business processes, systems, and technology. Where there are impacts on roles and organisational structure the role holder will partner with the HR team to design, develop and implement the changes.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Adopt a structure change methodology and lead the design, development, and delivery of the change plan, working as an integrated member of the project team.
- Define the scope of the change requirement and the benefits delivered by the projects, by working in partnership with the Value Stream Lead, Sponsor, Product Owner and Project Manager.
- Support the project team with the creation of a stakeholder map and supporting communication plan.
- Partner with the Process and Performance team to understand the process impacts of the changes being implemented (process mapping).
- Prepare the change impact assess and define the communication, engagement and training activities need to successfully embed the changes.
- Prepare the change materials needed to successfully complete the project stage gates eg. an impact assessment, change plan, communication, and training plans.
- Lead on the design, development, delivery, and management of key communications.
- Provide input, document requirements and support with the design and delivery of training programs. Where the training is being delivered by a third-party provider (software solution provider) integrate the training activities into the change plan, manage alignment with the defined change impact and review any Project Initiation Documents (PIDs).
- Complete change management assessments.
- Identify, analyse and prepare risk mitigation activities.
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance to change.
- Consult and coach project teams.
- Create actionable deliverables for the core change management plan: sponsors plan, people manager plan, communication plan and training plan.
- Support with the engagement of senior leaders.
- Coordinate the change deliverables with other specialists - Internal Communication, Business Implementation Managers, Transmission Change.
- Integrate change deliverables into the project plan - establish change as an embedded discipline within each project.
- Track and report status.
- Define and measure success - monitor the impact user change journey and take corrective action where necessary.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A solid understanding of how people go through change and the change process.
- Experience with and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Inquisitive, keen to know more and understand the reason why.
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to influence others and move towards a common vision / goal.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to understand the bigger picture and where the specific project supports the Delivery of the Digital Strategy and NetZero goal.
- Problem solving and root-cause identification skills.
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organisational issues and challenges.
- Familiar with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle - both Waterfall and Agile.
- Change management qualification or certificate.
- 3-5 years change management experience.
- Experience of developing and delivery change plans for both Waterfall and Agile projects.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.