IT Transformation Lead
We are embedding agility in our ways of working, building capability for a digital future, and meeting the needs of our customers in a new way. Our client is building its Agile capability and continues to increase the proportion of its delivery which utilises Agile methodology and tools. As a result, those in Delivery and Portfolio Management roles need to have Agile experience and demonstrate an interest in championing it across the business.
The Programme Manager will be responsible for driving the strategic development of our IT operating model, A vital part of the role is delivering the requirements as per the IT Strategy, and the candidate will have experience of:
* Defining accountabilities between central teams providing core services, and business teams supporting our energy businesses
* Driving a service culture, including service catalogues, service reviews and operating model impacts
* Experience of enterprise-level transformation in IT, including operating models and roles, with a move towards agility
* Clear planning and roadmap development
* Stakeholder influencing and relationship management up to a senior level
* Excellent presentational and communication skills
They will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery through use of best practice methodologies, including both agile and waterfall, ensuring effective control over costs and resourcing enabling the delivery of business outcomes.
The Programme Manager will need to be focused on realising the products objectives, key results and other value targets defined on the product roadmap, with an ability to be adaptable to meet changing business environments. Collaborating closely with Chief Officers to ensure operating models have the right balance of delivering business outcomes, technology enablement and operational requirements. At times, the Delivery Lead may be required to drive delivery across multiple pieces of work.
* Establish and maintain highly effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels and business teams to ensure that interfaces work correctly
* Lead the delivery of technology solutions with focus on tangible business outcomes in accordance with the business strategy, using the appropriate methodology
* Management of 3rd parties, reviewing their performance, ensuring alignment with our clients ways of working and values acting as a routine contact point between organisation and supplier
* Manage cross product and external dependencies, ensuring activities are joined up from an operational and delivery point of view
* Manage the product and delivery teams, and wider stakeholders as required, across end-to-end programme to ensure that resultant systems/services deliver the specified outcomes, within budget and timescale, without introducing technical debt
* Ensure successful transition to service, ensuring change lands well and meets business needs
* Ensure that IT/business strategy, policy and standards are adhered to, thus achieving commonality and ease of maintenance
* Collaborate with Product Owners on the product roadmap
* Realise the product objectives and key results as defined in the product roadmap
* Analyse problems, action and progress issues as appropriate, ensuring follow through to resolution and removing blockers
* Provide regular updates against the defined outcomes to demonstrate performance and progress against the product roadmap
* Presenting relevant information into the assurance point process
* To ensure reporting information is accurately captured in support of portfolio governance
* Providing input into the governance process itself, including the methods and tools to be used
* Work with delivery teams to ensure they are adopting and using appropriate methodologies and ceremonies effectively
* Help protect from cyberattack and data loss by following standards and instructions and by reporting risks and incidents
We are using waterfall and agile delivery methodologies based on the body of work. A Programme Delivery Lead will be required to use the appropriate framework(s) based on context. Relevant frameworks and methodologies may include Agile, Prince2, APM and PMP.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.