A foreign offshore wind developer is seeking an electrical engineering manager to help support all aspects of the development of offshore wind farms. Successful candidates will be heavily involved in the fully development cycle of the project from the design phase all the way through to the planning of the O&M phase.
Job responsibilities include:
- Engage in technical discussions post-turbine selection.
- Prepare comprehensive RFPs for BOP electrical work.
- Provide critical reviews of construction methodologies and evaluate costs associated with BOP electrical work.
- Evaluate construction costs related to turbine and BOP electrical facilities.
- Contribute to the establishment of O&M plans.
- Conduct studies aimed at reducing costs associated with electrical work.
- Conduct thorough electrical engineering studies in connection with wind project development.
- Prepare RFPs (mechanical and electrical) for OEM work and evaluate associated costs.
- Conduct technical reviews of deliverables and actively participate in contract negotiations for BOP electrical work.
- Facilitate effective communication within the internal team in Tokyo and the head office in the US.
- Previous electrical engineering management experience at a renewable energy developers or electrical BOP contractors.
- Business level Japanese proficiency JLPT N1 and above.
- Previous experience in onshore wind project development, construction, and O&M.
- Previous involvement in negotiating wind turbine procurement and O&M services.
- Qualifications related to Japanese electrical construction management engineer and/or electrical chief electrical engineer. (電気工事施工管理技士、電気主任技術者)
- English proficiency, intermediate and above.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.