Programme Resource Planner
We're looking for a Programme Resource Planner to help build a workforce planning strategy across our IT and Business Transformation programme within Business Energy. You'll be the guiding mind in embedding the delivery of a strategic resource plan, which straddles our IT and Business teams, to ensure we have the resources, skills and capabilities to deliver our ambitious Transformation journey. The role will require focus on efficient planning and utilisation of highly valued and limited IT and Business skills. You'll continually validate the availability of resources for current project work, measuring and reporting variance from the pre-published project plans and allocations. Working with key stakeholders across the business, the programme and central teams, you'll ensure that the resource needs are understood, plans are in place and issues are escalated in a timely manner. In this role you will:
- Ensure strong, accurate resource project forecast with a focused understanding of the current and future skills and capability requirements aligned with resource requirements to fulfil each project milestone
- Develop, design and implement a tactical strategic plan for the IT and Business teams, that will place emphasis on driving resource plan and highlight any potential short comings or risks
- Bring an in-depth understanding of the labour market, supply and demand and inform on current and future treads
- Utilise strong stakeholder management across the programme and business
- Make recommendations to business & HR to determine a more efficient and effective way of working, which will enable our attainment of key resources and skills
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Demonstrable experience in Programme Resource Planning and a degree in Business / Strategic / Data related discipline (or equivalent)
- Financial and commercial awareness with comprehensive knowledge of how to deliver value through data analysis
- Strong knowledge of how the IT, Transformation industry operates and an understanding of compliance and regulatory obligations specific to the energy industry on the island of Ireland
- The ability to build a network of relationships across the company, keeping abreast of emerging technologies, corporate direction and values and seek to leverage on the established developments of other areas
- An understanding of agile ways of working
About our Business
The race to net zero is intensifying for businesses of all sizes. Sustainable decisions made today can meet customers' changing needs for tomorrow and bring long-term success for businesses. The UK and Ireland's largest renewable electricity generator, our client's Energy Solutions is different as all its renewable electricity is sourced from SSE's own UK wind and hydro assets.
In addition to providing gas and electricity to businesses across the UK, our client's Energy Solutions invests in, builds, and connects localised flexible infrastructure to drive the long-term performance of energy assets. Energy Solutions works with its customers to deliver financially robust plans to bring flexibility and diversity to their energy infrastructure - the low-carbon solutions they need to succeed in the race to net zero.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.