A fantastic new opportunity has opened up with a leading solar developer who is currently looking for a talented PV engineer to join their engineering team in Tokyo.
- Perform energy yield assessments using PVsyst and engineering tools.
- Optimize project designs to maximize energy output.
- Create preliminary module layouts for various projects.
- Utilize AutoCAD 3D and PVCase for 3D shading simulations
- Develop initial technical designs for PV projects including layouts, SLDs (Single Line Diagrams), cable sizing, and equipment selection.
- Analyze energy losses and performance data.
- Review PV documentation, PR tests, shading, and slope analyses.
- Evaluate EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction) designs during the bidding process.
- Business level fluency in Japanese
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Proven experience in solar energy project engineering
- Proficiency in PVsyst and AutoCAD 3D.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to conduct site visits and produce technical reports.
- Knowledge of cable sizing, equipment selection, and energy performance.
- Familiarity with PVCase for 3D shading simulations.
- Experience using drone cameras and suneye tools for site investigations.
- Previous involvement in commercial project optimization.
- Knowledge of renewable energy regulations and standards.
- Ability to evaluate EPC designs effectively during the bidding process.
- Continuous learning and adaptability to emerging solar technologies and tools.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.