Cable Project Engineer
ERSG are currently looking for a Cable Project Engineer to work for a leading developer in the wind industry. This role will be based in Hamburg on an initial 6 month contract.
- You will contribute to ensuring projects maintain high levels of health and safety performance.
- Contribute to cable package and support Package Manager with technical know-how on cable system design and manufacturing (including cable accessories).
- You will also support in compliance with the project budget and address changes to Package Manager. Monitoring of time schedule and progress of suppliers.
- Contribute to the identification and management of risks, opportunities, and mitigation plans.
- Contribute and support the inter-array cable tender and supplier evaluation process
- Contribute to the continual improvement of Employer's Requirements and ITT.
- Lead technical evaluations for the compliance of supplier's designs fit against Employer's Requirements.
- Technical review of reports, design and system studies supplied by Contractors and third parties (e.g. Cable and Accessories Design and Analysis Reports, Cable optimisation, Fault studies etc.)
- Preparation and coordination of cable and accessories product quality assurance and quality control throughout the supply chain.
- Interface with other packages and plant suppliers to ensure consistency and satisfactory performance of works.
- Administrative tasks within cable package e.g. Document management, planning of progress meetings, taking minutes, etc.
- Ensure compliance of requirements of Asset Management and O+M with the cable package.
- Liaise with the line organisation, share knowledge and information, assist in monitoring and trouble shooting and facilitate resource management.
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Electrical engineering
- A minimum of 5 years' experience with high voltage on- and offshore cables
- Experience with inter-array cables and accessories
- Preferably experience with HVDC export cables
- Preferably experience within the subsea cable manufacturing industry
- Experience with project management (IPMA Level D/C /PMA/Prince 2 or similar), technical negotiations and contract awareness (FIDIC)
- Experience with wind farms on- and offshore
- Both practical and theoretical experience
- Good English language skills and preferable also good German and/or Danish language skills
- Willingness to travel and offshore work.
- High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work.
- Enjoys working in diverse teams within Projects and Line department
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff or applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.