Procurement Manager (Supply Chain) - Offshore Wind
ERSG USA are currently recruiting for a Procurement Manager to join a high-profile offshore wind project on the US East Coast.
- ERSG and our clients are offering a fully remote interview and onboarding process in light of the current global pandemic - we are committed to providing safe working environments to everyone and brand new equipment (laptops, phones etc.) will be sent to any successful candidates.
- Please read through carefully as the salary, bonus structure, benefits and add-ons are clearly explained.
This is a unique opportunity for any dynamic individuals looking to forge a career in renewable energy, with clear progression opportunities for both project and corporate based positions.
The Procurement Manager will report to the Finance Director and keep a functional reporting to one of the Corporate Procurement Director who will be teaching and supporting the performance and career of the Procurement Manager as an employee
This candidate will be working alongside other senior members of the project team accountable to develop the project to reach the final investment decision and take the project through construction and operation.
This role will also be accountable for ensuring that all contracting and procurement matters for the offshore wind project are in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements, ethical practices, procurement policies and tender requirements.
This position will take the lead in and determine best overall strategy to deliver cost effective solutions under its area of responsibility.
This candidate will have 1-2 direct reports. Additional reports are expected as project matures.
- Lead, direct, and guide in understanding offshore wind supply chain markets and manage negotiation of contracts and inform other strategic decisions concerning relationships with suppliers in support of other areas of the project.
- Advance contracting strategies and processes for tendering Requests for Proposals (RFPs), review vendor proposals, and negotiate contracts that result in the best possible outcome. This will involve external factors in the development of contracting strategies involving but not restricted to impact on project finance and insurance strategies.
- Develop the tax equity strategy that will enable the project's qualification for federal tax credits
- Object to the scope statements to control where unnecessary costs can be removed and more worth can be achieved
- Work out any key supply chain agreements as well as keeping relationships and mutual understanding with the key industrial suppliers at executive level. Key industrial agreements refer to critical suppliers such as the Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) supplier, the foundations supplier, Electrical packages, harbours, etc
- Collaborate with end users to develop and review technical scope/commercial packages for competitive tender events
- Negotiate claims mitigation and contest cost disputes with all 3rd party suppliers
- Support any procurement changes and engagement across the business where applicable and encourage innovation and cost reduction where possible
- Create contracts that fully incorporate the business needs of the offshore wind project and alleviate commercial risks to the project and involve correct supplier performance through effective KPI's
- Establish new potential suppliers to generate supplemental competitiveness and market tension throughout any of the project's areas
- Secure all purchase orders and contracts that are placed in accordance with defined business processes
- Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders, particularly the project technical and development teams to ensure the best values from competitive tenders
- Responsible for management of teams, tracking of performances, and develop all commercial function staff
- In coordination with the shareholders of the offshore wind project:
- Leverage shareholders' established relationships with key supply chain players
- Propose and execute procurement strategy
- Benchmark against comparable purchasing initiatives from their portfolio of offshore wind projects
- Additional duties as required
Expected Experience/Qualification Requirements:
- BS degree in any technical/financial area
- Ideally 10 years of experience in the energy industry- experience in offshore wind or renewables is a bonus
- Experience in management of contracts and creating distinct savings within these contracts
- Knowledge of supply chain contract management fundamentals, best practices, and industry trends
- Deep understanding of cost drivers on contracts and ability to demonstrate transparency and overall value
- Knowledge and understanding of contract law (FIDIC and/or LOGIC contract styles would be preferable)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (in particular Excel)
- Experienced in procurement and market competitive analysis
- Previous experience in large international tenders is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to establish direction, alignment, and commitment across teams
- Interpersonal and team leadership skills
- Strong ability to build relationships in a multi-cultural environment
- Distinct work-ethic, communication skills, multi-tasking abilities and innovative thinking with unerring focus on challenging and improving the status-quo
- Strong analytical skills involving the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data
- Extremely strong negotiation skills are required
- High ethical standards to keep sensitive and confidential information
Expected anywhere up to 50%- could be domestically and internationally
For all The Company's management positions, we expect to pay between $100,000 and $125,000 per annum with excellent bonuses and add-ons, including:
- 30% annual bonus (allowing for a maximum annual package of $162,500)
- 4 weeks' paid vacation
- 7 days' sick leave
- 2 floating vacation days
- 1-day birthday vacation
- Full medical, dental & vision
- Competitive 401k
Notwithstanding, we are open to all candidates who can demonstrate an interest in offshore wind and the desire to join a successful company who are set to take the industry by storm.
If this sounds like you, please click 'apply' to progress your application. Otherwise you can search for ERSG Boston and contact one of the team directly.