Site Quality Inspector
China (Guangdong province)
Reporting to the Senior Site Quality lead, the Site Quality Inspector will monitor and participate in the Inspection, verification of workmanship and weld/NDT quality based on applicable project Specifications/Drawings//Norm/Codes/Standards including the review of WPS's and PQR's. Provision of expert advice and assistance as required to foundation fabrication team at the fabrication location.
· Support and monitor the EPCI contractor's fabrication inspection team to ensure that all ITP intervention points are being adhered to.
· Participate in technical meetings with both the EPCI Contractor & Fabrication Contractor
· Follow-up on fabrication issues with both the EPCI Contractor & the Fabrication Contractor.
· Review of Fabrication Contractors' documents related to welding, NDT etc (work procedures, method statements, etc.)
· Review of EPCI Contractors/Fabrication Contractors progress reports related to fabrication, welding & NDT
· Review of Fabrication Contractors/sub-contractors Material Record Books (As-Built documentation)
· Participate in any testing and verification walk downs prior to Load out
· Follow-up on the results of testing and verification walk downs ensuring that any snag items are closed prior to load-out
· Review and verify PQR's and WPS's for foundation aspects of the project
· Planning, control, supervision and application of base material and filler metals in the preparation and completion of production.
· Check verify plans/drawings/specifications regarding validity and clear marked with AFC (Approved for construction)
Qualifications & Attributes
· Welding qualifications: CSWIP 3.2 certification
· NDT qualifications: PCN or equivalent. Level II for UT, MT, PI
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint
· Good reporting skills required.
· Experience with the use of phased array ultrasonic testing PAUT
· Experience with the application of ISO 16827 & ISO 3834
· Working at Heights Certification
· Full GWO offshore certification.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.