One of the nation's most reputable wind companies is seeking a Wind Technician (Lvl 1 or 2) for their site near Casper, WY to help operate and maintain their site. This is truly a promote from within organization with a great company culture and benefits package.
- Perform routine mechanical and electrical maintenance wind turbines and associated equipment
- Climb wind turbine towers daily, wearing all required safety equipment, to inspect, maintain, or repair equipment.
- Understand electrical and mechanical functions of all components of a wind turbine generator and associated equipment
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical faults; repair and/or replace components
- Maintain company tooling, facilities and equipment and a clean safe work environment
- Work a 40 hour work week (7:00AM - 3:30PM) and be subject to scheduled and unscheduled overtime, as well as an on-call rotation.
- May require site support to other wind farms, at most 10% of the time.
- Candidates must live (or be willing to relocate within) 45 miles of the site to fulfill on-call requirements.
- Qualified candidates have 2+ years performing maintenance and troubleshooting on turbines, or, an Associate's in Wind Turbine Technology
- Strong Mechanical and Electrical Background
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, and career driven